Tuesday, February 06, 2007

 

Work.

So what exactly do you do? I hear that a lot. It can be quite complicated to explain exactly what I do everyday, but basically I deal with anything that has to do with the mouth. Eating, chewing, swallowing, talking, etc. Believe it or not, when you get sick, suffer from a stroke, progress with dementia or just plain get old, there is a chance that you will not be able to talk or eat as well (or at all) as you used to. That is why I have a job. I help strengthen muscles of the mouth and increase coordination so that you can hopefully eat and talk more effectively. This handout pictured is something that I use a lot. I teach a lot of exercises for people to do with their mouths. I spend a lot of my day exercising mouths. Thinking back, I'm not all that suprised that this is something I chose to do for a living. My family tells me all I used to do was talk when I was younger. I would fall asleep in mid-sentence according to mom. To be funny (I guess) people would tell me to "use commas" when I was talking. The other part of my job involves me teaching people how to eat. Again, not suprising. I like to eat, a LOT. So what exactly do I do? I teach help people do the two things I love most, talking and eating. Quite simple, actually.

Comments:
I remember you use to talk the whole time you were in the pool the eat when you got out. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?