Monday, December 25, 2006

 
Merry Christmas!

We used to have traditons on Christmas morning, too. My sisters and I would gather in my sister's room when we all woke up very early in the morning and mom and dad would go downstairs and get things ready. We would all wait together until they called us down. (I'm the only kid that wakes up there on Christmas morning anymore, and I dont wait in my sisters old room = broken tradtition) We would all come downstairs and open our stockings first. (Our stockings were empty this year. At least I think they were, I didnt check to be honest = broken tradition) The only tradition that still stands is how the gifts are wrapped. Mom (Santa when I was younger) wrapped all of Robyn's gifts in green tissue paper, Renee's in red tissue paper, and mine in white tissue paper. That was how we knew which presents were ours. This will never change. (Unless they stop making tissue paper= tradition upheld!)

Today I set a record. Usually excitement serves as an internal alarm clock but I woke up this morning close to noon. I have never slept in so late on Christmas morning. Maybe it was the fact that I flew in to Michigan yesterday and was up for 22 hours straight or maybe it was because of the conversation my mom and I had yesterday.

Me: Mom, I need to finish wrapping all of my presents that I brought. I didn't want to wrap them and then pack them in my suitcase.

Mom: I think you should put them all in gift bags, it will be easier. I have a bag of bags upstairs you can use.

Me: Ok thanks.

Mom: Or you could use tissue paper. I have a lot of white left over.

Hmmm....


Christmas Day was wonderful!! I was very excited and thankful to be home. It's great being with family.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?