Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 
Yedam!

This is my friend, Yedam. His real name is Adam, but when I moved to NC from Michigan my sophomore year of college, my yankee accent was still pretty obvious and that northern "A" brought a lot of attention. My new southern friends accused me of calling him "Yedam", and I guess I probably did. Well, it stuck. (sorry yedam) Yedam and I hung out quite a bit in college and had some really great times together. He moved from Florida to go to Appalachian, and was gracious enough to invite me to vacation in is homeland a few times. We had a blast on the beach of Siesta Key. We also went to a wedding together once and showed up fashionably late just in time to get a good spot in the buffet line and miss the ceremony completely. He was there while I opened my acceptance letter to grad school and took me out to celebrate with a beer immediately even though it was really late. Neither of us like sweet tea or had any idea what bar-b-que (the noun) was prior to college. Yedam is a fellow blogger and I have added his blog to my page: "Witty City". He used to blog long before this and I was a very deicated reader of his talented writings. He recently started it up again (proabably to shut me up since I bugged him every day to start blogging again). Check his page out if you get a chance. Yedam and I have always been there for one another, and here's just one more example.

Tonight on IM.

Yedam: You need to update your blog missy.

Me: I know, I just can't think of anything to write about. I've had a long day at work and my puppies keep me pretty busy when I'm home.

Yedam: Yeah, it's tough to get motivated to sit down and write after a day like that.

Me: Ok, I'm gonna go do it.

Yedam: atta girl, it's like we're work out buddies...we've got to keep each other on task.

Me: I love it.

Yedam: You could even write about that if you wanted.

It's like he read my mind.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?