Thursday, November 16, 2006

 


Raining. Cats. and Dogs.

I can honestly say I have never seen so much rain in my entire life. My drive to work this morning was hellacious. I was forced to pull over to the side of the road twice and I saw approximately 10 cars wrecked in about 30 miles. It was horrible. There was a time during the day between the tornado warnings and flash flood warnings that I was afraid I would not be able to get home tonight. It rained all the way up until 4 o'clock. I got ready to leave around 4:30 today and walked out into the parking lot to find this. The sun was shining in a beautiful blue sky with picture perfect puffy clouds. I thought the sky looked best in the puddles in the parking lot. I was thankful for the gorgeous ride home.

We live in fear at work that we will find a cat hiding in some random place, especially the office or the gym. They run around outside and someone feeds them leftovers from the kitchen. Somehow they sneak into the building to pee in the conference room, and we can smell it. We had a discussion about animals at work today.

There was a tie for best animal admission:

Jaime: My cat is the best cat, except that he pees all over my house.

Kelly: My animals never really lived that long. They all got hit by cars and whatnot.

My doggies got to go on a playdate today. Our friends Loren and Jennings have two puppies. One of them is actually Brooks' real brother. They adopted Cameron and told us that he had a few liter mates still looking for a home. The very next day Brooks joined our family. Josh took Palmer and Brooks to play with their dogs this afternoon. Everyone was tired when I got home from work today. But the sun was out.


Comments:
We were just talking about that today. How Southern rainstorms raise hell and then go home. Up here the overcast/rain duo just sorta mopes around for a week ruining everyone's mood. I prefer manic-depressive weather.
 
Great picture Short!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?