Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 
Firsts.

Tonight I flew home to Michigan from Raleigh to be with my family for Thanksgiving. Over the course of the day I experienced a lot of "firsts".

1. It was the first time I left work on a Wednesday to go home for the rest of the week and knew I was still being paid for Thursday and Friday even though there would be no working involved.

2. It was the first time I took a cab to the airport, and paid just as much for the ride there as I did for my one-way flight. (practically)

3. It was the first time my plane left ON TIME and I landed in my layover city (Chicago) earlier than scheduled.

4. It was the first time I have had a cop come onto my airplane to arrest a drunk man after wrestling him to the ground and having this conversation:

Cop: Sir, please get up. You need to exit the plane.

Drunk Guy: I don't want to, I'm staying right here.

Cop: Move, NOW!

Drunk Guy: No need to get physical with me, I need my luggage, stop pushing me, I'm not leaving!

Cop: Let's go.

(Drunk Guy stands up and tries to fight the Cop. Cop then gains control of him somewhere on the floor of the aisle of the aircraft. They are out of sight at this point)

Drunk Guy: Ahh, SHIT! He's gonna shoot me!!

(Many gasps and various other worried noises made by Detroit-bound travelers like myself.)

Cop: I ain't gonna shoot ya, buddy. I'm just gonna taser your ass! C'mon!

(They exit with Cop forcefully encouraging Drunk Guy while holding his hands behind his back)

5. It was the first time I swore in front of a Pastor, twice, as I told my brother-in-law the story about the arrest when he and my sister and all 5 kids picked me up from the airport at midnight.

I guess there is a first time for everything. And I'm serious, I can't make this stuff up. I was glad to get home.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?