Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 
Driving.

From select rooms in the nursing home, there is a pretty decent view of a golf course. While helping a patient today, Kelly and I looked out the window to notice a golf cart parked with two golfers preparing to putt. Driving past them, most likely breaking their consentration, was a guy driving a rather large tractor down the fairway. This led to our discussion about golf and driving.

Me: I wish I liked golf. It looks like fun.

Kelly: I like driving the carts around.

Me: I'm bad at driving golf carts.

Kelly: I'm not, I'm really good at it. Well except for the time I ran into a house.


Later today I found Kelly attempting to drive a motorized wheelchair. She was concerned that the "turtle" setting was relatively fast and the "rabbit" setting was extremely slow. Backwards, apparently. I thought she just made up cute nicknames for the speeds, but no, there are really pictures of the two animals near the switch in order to choose the speed you prefer. What ever happened to fast/slow or high/low? Rabbit/Turtle????

This made me wonder what animal speed the golf cart was going when Kelly drove into the house.

Kelly and I went to Bojangles for lunch today and she drove. She did a fine job. We may not go golfing together.

Comments:
I have rabbits and turtles on my lawn mower.
 
Rachelle's dad.... I know the grass grows for a longer period of time in the south -- not up North. That must be why you never put that girl behind a lawn mower. (SMILE) Tammy COTA lady from the South who has cut many a yard with a lawn mower and a tractor.
 
I don't think I ever heard, "Hey dad, can I do that?"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?