Tuesday, November 28, 2006

 
Contest. WINNER!

I listen to the Q Morning Crew on 94.7 every day during my hour long commute to work in the mornings. Each day of the week they play a different game. Tuesday is "Battle of the Sexes" day. I have tried every single Tuesday for at least 6 straight weeks to get in on this contest. I actually get anxious and excited when Tuesday gets close. I'm serious about this game. So today, I called as I usually do, and when they answered the phone I expected them to tell me they were looking for a guy to play (that's what I've heard about 4 other times), but they didn't! I got through and got to PLAY!

So here's how it works. The guy radio personality (Marty) asks the girl contestant trivia questions about "guy" stuff and the girl radio personality (Janie) asks the guy contestant questions about "girl" stuff. The girl contestant goes first and they alternate questions, best of three wins. If there is a tie, there is a tiebreaker question. If the score remains tied at the end of that, they flip a coin to determine the winner. The questions are all multiple choice and generally fairly easy in my opinion (I can usually get the questions without the multiple choice offerings ).

This is a reader's digest version of today's game.

My question: How many NFL games were played on Thanksgiving day?
My Answer: 2
The Answer: 3
(I answered 2, remembering Detroit and Dallas. That was wrong. It was a trick question in my opinion. This was the first year they decided to play 3 games. I told them no one has time to watch 3 games on Thanksgiving, that they should have left it at two.)

Guy's Question: On the TV show FRIENDS who said the wrong name during their wedding vows?
His Answer: Chandler
The Answer: Ross

SCORE: 0-0

My Question: What was the name of Patrick Swayze's character in the movie, ROAD HOUSE?
My Answer: Dalton
The Answer: Dalton

Guy's Question: When a baby is born feet first it is called what?
His Answer: Breech
The Answer: Breech

SCORE: 1-1

My Question: Shawn Michaels and Triple H are the founders of what wrestling team?
My Answer: D-Generation X
The Answer: D-Generation X

Guy's Question: Butterhead, iceberg and romaine are all types of what?
His Answer: Lettuce
The Answer: Lettuce

TIE SCORE 2-2

TIE BREAKER
My Question: Who is the host of MTV's "Yo Mamma"?
My Answer: Wilmer Val....
The Answer: Wilmer Val...

Guy's Question: On the show Grey's Anatomy, what is McSteamy's character's real name?
His Answer: Derrick Shepherd
The Answer: Mark Sloan

WAHOOO!! I WIN!!

And boy did it feel good. I felt accomplished. I had been trying at this for quite some time. The questions weren't as easy as they are when I'm not playing, but I managed. I won a $45 gift certificate to Carrabba's. I love that restuarant. I love that radio station. It was the first time I can remember winning a contest and definitely the first time I was on the radio!! It was a good way to start the day.

Comments:
You go girl!
 
keep bringing home that bacon
 
How the crap did you know all of those? Watch a lot of wrestling, do you? And Road House? I'm a Red Dawn man myself.
 
You need to use your contest winning skills to win me come George Striat tickets!!
 
I can't spell really good (Strait) but you already knew that!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?